***METAL  NEWS  020525***
- Bloodgood now have a new official website at http://www.bloodgood.org
- The band members of Sacred Warrior are sad to announce that Rey Parra has decided not to re-join the band. After much prayer, God has shown him that his duties and responsibilities in his home church, job, and family require him to stay focused there. He will be missed. http://www.sacredwarrior.net
- Intense  Radio  and  Sanctuary  International  Merge!
URGENT: The www.GoToSanctuary.com URL is going away permanently. Please update your links and bookmarks accordingly.
Feel free to use any of these URL's as they will all point to this home page:
www.SanctuaryInternational.com, www.IntenseRadio.com, www.SyberSanctuary.com
We are in the process of merging the Intense Radio site and services with Sanctuary International Ministries. This is a huge undertaking, so we ask that you be patient with us during this time of transition.
This is an exciting time for ministry and we will do the best we can to provide a viable platform for discipleship and outreach.
A few things to expect from the new site:
Your own personalized email service (similar to Hotmail or YahooMail) on the SyberSanctuary.com domain.
Brand new chat & message boards/forums program.
The same Intense Radio band interviews and news that you are used to getting.
Classes with notes and multimedia that you can participate in.
Your own personalized online bookmarks, a site calendar, newsgram, devotionals, daily scripture, surveys, shopping, postcards, etc...
Plus much, much more...
Just keep in mind that all of this is still under construction and in transition mode, so many of the pages you'll see are the same ol' pages you've always seen; but rest assured that they will be changing.
Thankx & God Bless You,
Pastor Bob & Jason.
- Faithbomb have almost finished their new cd. They also have a new website at www.faithbomb.net
- EXTREME  MARDI  GRAS
Roxx Productions, Sanctuary International and Intenseradio.com are pleased to announce the complete line up for Extreme Mardi Gras 2002. You’ve been watching and waiting as bands have been added, finally after much careful consideration, the line up is complete.
** MAIN STAGE **
Barren Cross (with all original members)
Blissed (featuring Robert Sweet)
Salt ( Featuring former members of Vengeance Rising)
Band Of Wild Angels (Featuring ex-members of Holy Solder. Will do Holy Soldier and H.E.R.O covers!
** SIDE STAGE **
Subdux ( formerly know as Titanic )
Disciples Of God
Shop 11 Phoenix
All Man Rise
There you have it the official line up for Extreme Mardi Gras 2002, August 17th in Southern California. You don’t want to miss this once in a lifetime show! Tickets are Extremely limited...get yours today!
For more details please visit Roxx Productions. http://www.roxxproductions.com/mardigras
THT  PRODUCTION  NEWS
- DOCTOR D (ex-BEALIAH & ARMAGEDDON HOLOCAUST member) is currently recording new material for his new band's (also named DOCTOR D) 1st full-length album, entitled "D-Liverance". Jeff from KEKAL is joining forces with The Doctor!! And he is producing the album as well. This album will be a strong statement of the band's new direction, called "Metallic Dark Groove". Taking the best from black metal, early speed/thrash, and modern groove metal, the band unifies all those elements into none but the original DOCTOR D's edge!! Some of the titles in the works: Q-Factor, Emptyhollow, The Widowmaker, Hazardous Aquatic Transmission. Visit their updated website: www.doctordark.cjb.net
- KEKAL's newest release "The Painful Experience" is doing very well and it has already got many good reviews from the media and also good responses from metalheads all around the world! Their new album has been sold nearly 1000 copies within 3 months! The band is currently recording 2 new songs for the next release, possibly a split CD. Their guitarist Leo left the band as he moved to Australia last year. No replacement has been considered yet. Jeff (guitar/vocals) and Azhar (bass/vocals) will remain in the band. Watch an interview of Kekal at an Indonesian recording & musicians magazine AudioPro on their March 2002 issue. For latest news about the band, visit the Kekal official website at: www.kekal.cjb.net
- The recording of DISASTROUS AGE debut album has been put on hold as the founding member Dark Thriller recently quit the band. There are some indications that Dark Thriller will be back with another mayhemic album of ARMAGEDDON HOLOCAUST in the near future. More news will be coming soon. In the meanwhile, check out ARMAGEDDON HOLOCAUST website at: http://thtunderground.tripod.com/armageddon.htm
- EXCISION is currently writing new songs for next album entitled "Default". Their new material will be full of mood-oriented progressive dark rock in the vein of RADIOHEAD, PINK FLOYD, COCTEAU TWINS, and CAMEL. As a formerly extreme metal band which now ventures into a new dimension, their new musical direction surely will be an interesting addition to all of us. Fans of new KATATONIA, THE GATHERING, PARADISE LOST, and ANATHEMA will love this. Still Available, their latest album "Visi". Visit their website: http://go.to/excision
- KEKAL- The Painful Experience
The finest new album yet from this great Indonesian extreme metal band you love or hate!!
THT Productions release the cassette version of "The Painful Experience" with 2 bonus tracks (total tracks: 12). The CD version of this album is now released by 2 labels: Clenchedfist Records (USA) for North American market exclusively, and Fear Dark Records (Holland) for European market exclusively. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on how to get the album. Or visit their website at www.kekal.cjb.net
Kekal has just finished recording for the upcoming split CD with SLECHTVALK entitled "Resist, Unite, Attack". The split is scheduled to be released by Fear Dark Records in June 2002. Watch out for the sheer brutality of extreme metal! KEKAL also did the cover of TROUBLE "The Skull" on the split.
KEKAL is invited to participate on the Tribute to the 80's doom metallers TROUBLE. Other bands on the tribute will be SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, THIS TORTURED SOUL, MOOD, RISE AND SHINE, etc.. The tribute will only be available on mp3's for downloads.
KEKAL is also joining the Baroeg Benefit Compilation CD, a compilation CD to help Baroeg, a heavy metal club in Rotterdam, Holland. The compilation is scheduled to be released on May 2002 and will be largely distributed around Netherlands and perhaps other Benelux countries. Other bands on the compilation are IMMORTAL, LOCK UP, BOLT THROWER, VADER, ARCH ENEMY, MARDUK, SOILWORK, DYING FETUS, DEW-SCENTED, among others. Many thanks to label Fear Dark for their hard work and great support to KEKAL.
Fear Dark also made "The Painful Experience" Long-Sleeve shirt, for ordering information, e-mail them at email@example.com or visit their website www.fear-dark.com Cassette version of all 3 KEKAL albums are available at THT Productions.
For all available THT Productions releases and other distributed items, visit THT Productions Online Webstore at http://www.thtproductions.com
- Some of the guys in the old thrash metal band Possession are back with a new sound. If you're into Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, this is for you... The band is called Frost Like Ashes These guys might be the biggest thing to hit the underground since Horde.
- Rob Rock and Roy Z are working on the new studio album and will soon meet in Los Angeles to begin recording. The new album is expected to be completed by the end of July with the release date to be announced. www.robrock.com
SWEDISH  METAL  NEWS
- Surrender is a brand new melodic metal band. They play covers with Stryper, Holy Solder etc and also have own material on the way. Recently they had a successful gig at the event Plattform in their hometown Alingsås. There were like 250 people in the audience. The band played the covers Stranger (Holy Soldier) and Surrender (Stryper) and 6 surrendered their lives to the Lord that evening! (Amen!) http://www.surrender.tk
- NeoThrone is another new band with a heavy 80s influence. http://hem.passagen.se/neo.throne/
- Acer is yet another new promising band. They play 80s Metal and have a democd titled C.I.A. out. http://www.acer.just.nu Yeah, it seems like 80s Metal finally are on the way back again!
- Narnia is currently recording a new cd that will be both heavier and faster than the previous ones. It will be a theme album and goes under the working name "The Great Fall". They also have a new bass-player. His name is Andreas Olsson. To find out more about him, take a look at the biography section at www.narniaworld.com
- Allsherjar is a new black band. They played on the carneval in Lund and 1 person got saved. Amen
- God has opened some big doors for Vital Sign. They was included on a cd that was attached to the secular brittish hardrock magazine Powerplay that reach out to ca 20.000 people. (Wow!) Vital Sign's debut cd was released in November and their AOR (Adult Oriented Rock)-influenced hardrock have got good feedback from secular press. For more info visit http://run.to/vitalsign
- Pergamon have after much praying and searching finally found new members on bass and guitar. The new members are the twins Emil & Jonas Karlsson. Lots have happened musically too. Based on this, they have decided to change the name of the band to Taketh. They already have a brand new, 10 minute long black metal tune with lots of melody and clean vocals. Roughly, Taketh's music can be described as a melodic mix of death and black metal, with heavy influences from power metal and folk music. http://www.taketh.tk
- Pantokrator har recently launched a new website. The new address at http://www.panto.tk They also plan to enter the studio in August/September to start recording a fullength.
- Harmony is a new band in the melodic/power metal vein. Fans of Narnia and Yngwie Malmsteen are gonna drool when they here this very talented band! http://more.at/harmony
- Veni Domine is working hard to finish their new cd. Some other great news is that Fredrik, the singer now has recovered from the illness in his throat and can sing without problems again. Amen. (He couldn't sing for about a year) http://www.venidomine.com
- Tamplin Teams Up With Whitesnake Members!
Ken Tamplin is going to be singing with Rudi Sarzo on bass (from Quiet Riot and Whitesnake), Doug Aldridge on lead guitar (from House Of Lords, Whitesnake and Bad Moon Rising), Glen Sobel on drums (from Impelliteri and played with members from Cypress Hill), and Edward Harris Roth on keys (from Impelliteri and Mark Benia). Entitled "Crusade," the album will be in the Whitesnake vein and released on Z Records.
- A  MESSAGE  FROM  STEVE  ROWE:
Hi Metal Fans!! Steve Rowe here welcoming you to the new Rowe Productions/
Mortification website located back here in Australia. At the moment I am in
the process of building Rowe Productions/ Mortification back up from ground
level. As you will see I have some older releases still available at great
prices with some exciting new releases soon to arrive.
Highlights to look forward to very soon:
1- MORTIFICATION- "TEN YEARS- 1990 TO 2000- POWER PAIN & PASSION" CD
featuring songs from all 9 studio albums plus the 3 official Live projects.
Incudes 4 bonus tracks recorded acoustic Live on the 2001 World Tour. Also
extensive Pictorial History of the band. A must have for all true
Mortification fans. Check this new CD & the entire Mortification back catalogue on our new MP3 downloads section.
2- "MORTIFICATION CONQUER THE WORLD" DVD Package.
This DVD release covers the 2001 World Tour plus 3 new concept clips. PLEASE NOTE THIS DVD IS IN PAL/ EUROPEAN FORMAT ONLY! THUS US FANS PROBABLY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY IT UNLESS THEY HAVE A COMPUTER OR DVD PLAYER THAT PLAYS ALL FORMATS. SORRY NO NTSC COPIES WILL BE AVAILABLE. On sale from this Wesite by May 2002.
3- MORTIFICATION- "RELENTLESS" *NEW CD!!!!*
Yes the new Mortification CD now officially titled "RELENTLESS" will be available from this site by early July 2002.
Featuring 10 brand new Brutal True Evangelistic Christian War
Metal!!!!!!! Featuring the lineup of Steve Rowe- Bass/ Vocals, Adam
Zaffarese- Drums & Hotshot Canadian Guitarist Jeff Lewis. Also features
cover artwork by Troy Dunmire "Primitive Rhythm Machine", EnVision
EvAngelene" & "Triumph of Mercy". Im excited!!!!!!!
4- New Cybergrind album late 2002. The Undisputed fastest Christian Grind
band in the World! Twice as fast as "Transcend" their debut CD! and also
twice as good.
5- New Mortification Merchandise, T- Shirts and Long Sleeves coming to this
site regularly from now on. Stay Online!
6- Awesome releases by Die Version (Death Metal meets Ramstein), Exousia-
Christian black metal at its most brutal & Antidemon- Chritian black/ Death
Metal that will leave you glued to the wall. 27 songs of Grindart brilliance
unsurpassed in recent times.
7. Massive bargains on Mortification Tshirts & Long Sleeves from the 2001 World Tour.
Mortification continues on as strongly as ever.
Unfortunately following the world tour last year Lincoln left the band but has been replaced by Canadian guitarist Jeff Lewis. Jeff is an accomplished player who will be recording a new album with myself and Adamin in April/May.
It should be available from this web site by late June.
We are currently labelless as the Mortification "Conquer The World" DVD will be our last release with Nuclear Blast.
I am confident we will be picked up by bigger labels again but initially the new CD "Relentless" will be released independently on Rowe Productions.
The music is a mix of everything we have done before, something to please everyone.
Unrelenting Christian War Metal!!!
- BRIDE  NEWS
Bride - The Organic Years is now available (The entire Jesus Experience and Oddities albums) Only 370 made! Autographed. This album also includes the original art with the new double disc art that features a chapter from the upcoming Bride book.
BACK IN PRINT! "Live to Die" Bride's second release. This has been brought
back by demand. This CD is $15.00. If you are a true metal head it doesn't
get any more metal than "Live to Die."
Bride is now taking orders for the Brand New Bride Video. This video
includes all of the professionally shot videos such as The Worm, Under the
Blood, Everybody Knows my Name, Trouble Times, Mamma, Tomorrow makes no
Sense, God gave Rock n' Roll to you, the Psychedelic Super Jesus Remix Plus
live footage from the Vintage Rock Stage at Cornerstone. Other songs
included are War, Beginning of the End, Too Tired, and Soul Winner from Fist
Full of Bees. In addition, there are some surprises on the tape also. This
is the entire Bride Video collection all on one videocassette. This video is
$16.00 (overseas orders add $3.00 per tape for postage) When ordering
request the Video "Welcome to the show."
This video does not yet appear on our Merchandise Page on our Web Site but
you may still order it through this email.
Meanwhile Bride still has copies of "The Best of Bride in Brazil" and
"Oddities" video buy both for $25.00 or $15.00 each. Once the "Oddities
Video" is sold out, it will be discontinued. (Very few copies of Oddities
CD's available are Fist Full of Bees, Oddities, The Jesus Experience, Snakes
in the Playground, Kinetic Faith, Matrix and Lost Reels 1 (Double Disc), and
Live at Cornerstone. $15.00 each
Bride has a BRAND NEW T-shirt! It is prison orange with black lettering. It
comes in large, XL $15.00 each, and double X $16.00. On the front it reads
"Bride" underneath that it reads "I am a prisoner of Jesus Christ" (Eph 3:1)
The back reads "Property of Jesus Christ 24-7-365"
There is a Bride fan Page with lyrics at http://members.tripod.com/~BrideFan/
Visit Bride at http://www.bridepub.com
- Extol have been signed by Century Media! They are a big secular label that carry bands like
Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Marduk, Angel Dust, Dark Tranquillity, Royal Hunt,
Sonata Arctica, Tiamat etc. Extol are the first christian band ever on this label! Praise God for opening this great door! Century Media have already rereleased Undeceived for the European market in
April. Extol are also working on a new cd. Some other great news is that guitarvirtouso Ole Borud have rejoined the band! Their former guitarist Tor Magne left Extol to be able to concentrate on his band Ganglion. Extol also have a new cool official website at http://www.undeceived.net
- Shining Force has won the Battle of the Bands in Houston. As a result they will be on a compilation CD and get recording time. They also have a new lineup and are going for a heavier sound. http://www.eternityministry.org
- Matt Skrzypczak of Feast Eternal are having a very tough time now (Keep him in prayer) Feast Eternal are also looking for a new guitarplayer. If any of you or someone you know would consider playing for a Christian Death Metal band in Traverse City, USA e-mail Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org Feast Eternal's website have moved to http://feasteternal.tripod.com
- Barren Cross now have an official website! Check it at http://www.barrencross.com/
- Heavy Metal band Heavily Armored has indeed undergone some personnel changes
over the past couple of months. Michael and Josh have left
the band to pursue other interests. The new official lineup for the band is Jeff (Lead vocals, bass), Jim (Vocals, guitar)
K Man (Vocals, drums and percussion) http://www.angelfire.com/band/heavenlymetal/music.html
- Blissed is a brand new band made up of David Pearson and Trevor Barr
from the group Static and Robert Sweet of Stryper! The band will be wrapping up the recording of their debut CD in May.
Robert Sweet saids "I've got something new for everyone, my band Blissed.
Its been quite a while since I've felt this good about
a group effort musically, and this feels great. If you weren't into Stryper you'll like this,
and if your were into Stryper you'll like it all the more.
I'm heavily into what is heavy and this is!
I can't wait to swing my sticks in front of you with this stuff.
I'm real excited, you might say I'm Blissed.
- One Bad Pig fans rejoice! Right now, Daniel and Carey (Kosher) are focusing on the book project, putting together the autobiography and history of the Pig! http://www.onebadpig.com
- Here is a cool opportunity for all you christian metal bands out there!
WWW.ROCKDETECTOR.COM is the world's biggest Rock devoted database at 11'800 bands and counting... It is updated daily and it is unique.
Rockdetector chronicles, in depth with full band histories and global discographies, all genres and types of Rock from the very softest AOR through to the nastiest Death Metal. Of course, Christian Rock bands cover every genre too but, despite receiving a constant flow of mail daily, we have received next to nothing from Christian bands. EVERY single submission (including bands both old and new) to Rockdetector is included, we will include your band history, your news and details on your releases. In addition to this we will provide a free link to your official site, fan sites and record labels.
Rockdetector also has a publishing arm. We have already published two books (both including Christian acts of the genre) and have three more to be published in September- 'Thrash Metal', 'Doom & Gothic Metal' and 'Power Metal'. All three of these include compilation CDs and all three books include Christian bands. Other genre books inc. 'Nu-Metal' and 'Hardcore' are in the pipeline.
In 2004 Rockdetector will publish 'Rockdetector A-Z of Christian Rock & Metal'.
So, we need your help. Not only to help us but help you promote yourselves. Take a look at the website, check your entry. We will add artists and update. Get onto your record label promotion department- stir them into action. For inclusion on the site & books we need 1 x copy of each record, a good quality photograph and a full biography. If you are able to supply good quality rare album / single covers by e mail we require these minimum 200 x 200 pixels.If you can send us your band logo and a URL link banner we'll include that too.
We want your information and we value your feedback. Remember, ALL submissions are included. Please feel free to copy this message and spread the word.
Our e mail: email@example.com
Our mailing address for submission:
P.O. BOX 3138,
- Now there is an Oz Fox model guitar! This hand crafted Oz Fox Signature Model with the original Rising Sun graphic will
be a limited edition. Only 100 will be made and a standard model is slated to follow. http://www.ozfox.com/wgflash/wayneflash.html
- Though VIXIVI was ended last year but "Sweet Kiss And Faraway Dreams" is still being asked for from many corners of the world. In light of this Zestigma has decided to record some brand new tracks which will be released this summer, as a official last disc from VIXIVI. http://vixivi.da.ru/
- Rey Parra has quit Sacred Warrior and he now has a soloband called Pyra. Read more about it at
- Flaming Arts is a secular metal company that can distribute your cd to people in Belarus, Russia, Ucraine etc. Mail
firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Tarantula Promotion is a christian distribution company in England. www.tarantulapromotions.com They
will release a COMPILATION CD called ARACHNID TERROR by the end
of June. The comp will feature over 70 mins
of extreme music from the underground of the underground and be split with
the final PARADOX release, "Overcome or Burn for Eternity".
Tarantula Promotion will also run the UK's first Christian extreme music festival.
It's called Destruction Fest and will run in London from 9-11 of August.
There will be two nights of music and two sessions of teaching / worship
stuff. It's mostly UK bands; metal, industrial, hardcore and punk with a
couple of overseas bands thrown in for the sake of international relations.
The website is: www.destructionfest.com
- IMMORTAL SOULS from Finland has signed a recorddeal with the FEAR DARK label
from Holland. Early 2003 they will release a new album of IMMORTAL SOULS.
Fans of IN FLAMES and DARK TRANQUILLITY should check this out. More
information can be found on http://fear-dark.com
Through the years IMMORTAL SOULS became known as one of the better bands
coming from Scandanavia. Their mixing of death- and black-metal with
ice-cold lyrics about the northern nature already came to a highlight on
their previous album 'Under The Northern Sky', which was received very well
worldwide. IMMORTAL SOULS is now writing songs for their upcoming album
which will proove again that they can be called the masters from the north.
FEAR DARK celebrates its fifth anniversary this year. The Dutch based label
is known for quality bands like MORPHIA, SLECHTVALK, SYMPATHY and KEKAL. The
label is supporting all kinds of metalbands, as long as they sound brutal
FEAR DARK http://fear-dark.com
BRAZILIAN  METAL  NEWS
Provided by Flávio de Souza and Rosemari de Melo Souza at Metal Mission Mag. http://w3.to/mmmag, e-mail: email@example.com
- NECROMANICIDER is coming back! The older Christian Brazilian group is planning to return to the activities this year. From the original members only vocalist Evandro and drummer Xavier are present (Three former members are now playing on BLASTERROR). Necromanicider recorded the CD "Revelations of Third Millenium" four years ago but it was never released so they intend to release this stuff until the end of the year. The musical style of the band is Doom/Death/Black Metal with Heavy Metal passages.
- SEVEN ANGELS (Melodic Power) was invited to play as opening act for NIGHTWISH in their land, Curitiba. The finnish band will be doing a tour in Brazil and Seven Angels will be the only Christian band to share the stage with Nightwish!
- CLEMENCY have just finished recording their long awaited full lenght CD. All the chords were performed by Luis Carlos cause bassist Lúcio left the band some days before the band come into studio. So Luis Carlos played bass, guitars and also vocals. The drummer is the same, Marcelo Lopes, founder of the band. Next week they will be working with the mixing and mastering and the album is scheduled to be ready in a few weeks, but about the release the band is still dealing with some labels.
- New band on Brazilian scene: VEX. They play Rock/Prog metal and the line up has Juliano Martins (v/b), Marcus Vinícius (g), Ednaldo (d). They recorded the indie CD "Visões experimentais"(experimental visions). More information on their site www.vexonline.hpg.com.br
- It was a beautiful and well organized the event III METANOIA FEST which took plays in Vitória City, on March 27/28. Bands of different styles as New Metal, Rapcore, Hardcore, Death, Power Metal, Thrash shared the stage during the two days. And something really good was the fact that it wasn't just an event for Christian people entertainment but mostly evangelistic shows and about 60% of the crowd wasn't Christian (around 1.600 people were present during the two days) For those who wanna see some pictures of the event check www.whitemetalzone.cjb.net
- The "Brazilian Collection II- Metal Mission" will be released in a month and brings the following bands: KRATOS (Traditional Heavy Metal), MORTIFY (Brutal Thrash Death), CLAMATORIUS (Black/Doom), ZURISADAI (Black Metal), ANAMENIEM (Thrash Metal 80's), DEVASTATION (Thrash Metal 90's), ENIGMA (Traditional Heavy Metal), SEBAOTH (Brutal Deathcore), SEVEN ANGELS (Melodic Power Metal), THEMPLO (Melodic Power Metal), HOLY THRONE (Symphonic Black Metal), VULGATA (Progressive Metal), BLESS (Hard/HM) and DESTRA (Progressive Metal). Much unedited stuff, recorded exclusively for this compilation. By the way Holy Throne is a project with musicians of some Christian bands who adopted nicknames and their identity won't be revealed (a Brazilian Horde??!!!)
- The Black Metal band CLAMATORIUS has just released their CD Demo "Consumatum est" .The CD contains 5 tracks and more than 33 minutes! Another Black Metal Band which released their CD is ZURISADAI through Extreme Brutal Death Distribution. You can check these releases with METAL MISSION DISTRIBUTION
- The German band SEVENTH AVENUE will be playing in Brazil in September. There are at least five shows confirmed. More info: W METAL CONCERTS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Brazilian bands: CAUTION (New Metal) E-Mail: email@example.com, SACRAA (Fusion) E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , ALLIANÇA (Melodic Power Metal) www.allianca.rg3.net, ORACULO (New Metal) E-mail: email@example.com
- The Heavy Metal DEADLINE returned to activities with new songs and new line up: Jonas (v), Wesley (g), Juninho (b), Vando (g) e Thiago (d). Contacts: R. Pioneira Virgínia Teixeira, 140. Iguatemi-Maringá/PR- 87103-000- Brazil
- Cds that are being released on the next weeks: "Torment Alive" by Thrash Metal ARCANJO and Brutal Death SKYMETAL (unknown title). Both by Salmus Productions.
- And finally it was released by Destroyer Records the long awaited DELIVER "The second death" album. The Prog./Thrash band presents 10 tracks performed both in Portuguese and English. The guitarist Josué left the band due musical differences at the moment they are playing with a guest guitarist of SUTURA band. You can get the CD at Metal Mission Distro.(http://w3.to/mmmag)
- The METAL HEROES TRIBUTE will
***METAL  NEWS  020911***
- Brittish classic metal band Stairway recently released their new album titled On Hallowed Ground http://homepage.virgin.net/stairway.deoduce/deoduce.htm
- Azahel (former vocalist for the now-extinct band Possession, presently with Frost L
- ANTIDEMON toured in Mexico last month! Their CD "Demonicídio" is sold out and we hope the band provide a new printing soon. They have sold more than 3.000 copies by independent way.
- "EXODO" CD, produced by bassist of DESTRA, Ricardo Parronchi, will bringing many agreeable surprises. The album, will be conceptual approaching Exodus Book themes and will be performed by many Heavy Power Metal bands of Brazilian Christian Scene as DYNASTY, LIGHT HAMMER, DESTRA, BELICA, DRACMA, etc. The album will be released still this year. And talking about Destra, they are working on their new full lenght CD "Joe's Rhapsody" which will have a guest vocalist and also some special participation of guitarist of SEPULTURA Andreas Kisser (!!!) and the vocalist of German Band EVERON, Oliver Philips. There's still no scheduled date for this release.
- TRINO has been preparing new printing for their CD "More than a New Life", since their first 1.000 copies are almost sold out. The band has got a website: trino1.cjb.net
- BELICA has recorded the previews for their new album. Their music will have great changes, with much 70's sounds influence. The group made a new version for "Völlig Heilig", the music which gave the former name to the band and appeared on their CD "Power of God". They now have a keyboardman called Karl Ellwein. The new album will be officially recorded next month.
- "Battle of Tears", this is the name of the full lenght CD of SOUL HUNTER. The band will cause a great impact with their strong Melodic Power Metal. The album should be already released but it will happen soon.
- SHINING STAR have already recorded the preview for their new CD. They are arranging a time to release and also dealing with the label some details. If you liked the first, will like this one much more!!!! http://www.shiningstarweb.com
- Attention Europeans!!
Pastor Bob will begin teaching his SyberSanctaury HEARTCORE! series LIVE! on
Intense Radio for the European crowd on Mondays at 19:00 in most of Europe. Listen to first program LIVE on Monday 27/5.
99% of all the misconceptions of the Christian faith could be eliminated if
we simply understood who we are in Christ - from HIS point of view. Join
Pastor Bob as we begin a Quest that leads straight to the heart of God. Get
your Bibles ready, download/print the notes, click on the web radio station,
join the chatroom, and prepare to be blessed!
The classes are interactive - which means you can be part of them. Here is
what you do: Go to the Sanctuary Web site: www.sanctuaryinternational.com
Click On "LIBRARY" on the top
Then Click on "Sanctuary Syber Studies"
Download/Print out the notes for the study
Click on the "INTENSE RADIO" button to listen to the class.
Click on "PARTICIPATE" to be part of the discussion in the TABLE TALK chat
We would love to have you join us!
Pastor Bob and radio crew
Back To Top  or  Mainpage
BOBFEST  2002 - Be  Thou  My  Vision!
Bobfest is Europes biggest Christian Metal Festival and is held yearly in March in Linköping. This was the 4th year in a row it took place. And it was a big success! As usual though we had to face resistance from our enemy. Our mainspeaker Pastor Bob Beeman from Sanctuary, USA had to face big problems when he was about to fly to Sweden. Same day as he was going, the government took over the security from the private companys that had handled it before. As a result the security checks took much longer time and many flights were cancelled.
This meant that Pastor Bob couldn't get on a plane during the whole day. He contacted a travelagent in the US that checked all flights to see if he could find a seat on a flight to Europe, but there were none available! Pastor Bob and his travelagent tried for over 24 hours to get a seat on a plane to Europe, but there were no seat available anywhere! Things looked really bad and the situation seemed to be impossible to solve. At that time it seemed like Bob should not be able to get to Bobfest at all…
Then I called a friend and we prayed over the situation. When we prayed he got a prophetic word that said that "if we go in faith everything will be solved in a miraculus way". Inspired by this message we and many others all over the world continued to pray. And God hears prayers, cause as an answer to our prayers God opened an opportunity, so Daniel Dahlberg in the Bobfest crew managed to find a seat on a flight to Europe for Bob! This was truly a miracle cause when Bob's travel agent in USA checked the same flight there were no seat available! But God somehow opened a way so one seat got available! So Pastor Bob got here, one day delayed but still in time for the first meeting on friday. Amen. After he finally arrived here almost everything has got very smooth with the festival.
There were plenty of foreigners on Bobfest this year, almost 40% of the visitors came from countries outside Sweden and at least 14 countries were represented. People were coming from countries like Poland, England, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Norway, Finland and some even from USA. There were over 100 more attendencies than previous years. The concerts were also sold out both evenings. Totally it was 400+ on the gigs and over 300 on the conference.
The conference part was held in the Pentecostal Church and they totally supported Bobfest to 100%. They had even prayed and fasted for two days for Bobfest! WOW! God also did many things during the festival. How much we will not know fully until we are in heaven. But I know for sure that at least one person who had been lukewarm took a decision during Bobfest to follow Jesus to 100%. It's testimonies like that that touches your heart and shows that God uses Bobfest as at tool to expand His empire. And this is just a small glimpse of all God did during the festival. I believe that everyone that attended the festival got something from God and was touched by Him in some way.
There were also seminars with Morten Holmquist (Pastor of Subchurch in Oslo, Norway), Karl Walfridsson (singer in Pantokrator) and Pastor Bob about miscelleanous topics. They were all very interesting. Pastor Bob's teachings during the meetings was as always very inspiring and to the point.
Over to the concerts: There were many people on the concerts and we filled the concert place Skylten both evenings, which meant that there were over 400 people on each of the concerts! On the Saturday concert the concert hall was so filled so some didn't even get in.
First band out on friday was Soniferous, a norwegian thrash band. Haven't heard them before. They sounded ok but didn't impress. They need to incorporate more melodic crunch to their sound to reach the top. Next band was Veni Domine, and they never let you down! They ripped through plenty of classics like Wisdom Calls, In The Day of the Sentinel, Fall Babylon Fall, Dawn of Time, The Meeting and many more. They also played two new tunes from their upcoming album. Lots of crunch, a great stageshow (especially from Thorbjörn Weinesjö) and Fredrik's great voice (he's got a great range!) made this one of the very best shows at this Bobfest.
It was great to see them live again at Bobfest, especially since they had to back out last year because of Fredrik's voice problems. (As you might know Fredrik has had some severe problems with his throat for over a year, but after much prayer he can now sing to the glory of God again. Amen!) Veni Domine was also the band that was most vocal about their faith. An awesome and impressible gig overall!! Almost as good as when the played at Bobfest two years ago. A cool thing was also that I got the opportunity to spend some time with Thorbjörn Weinesjö before the gig and listen to their upcoming album in his car. The evening ended with the metalcore band Oblivion. This was also the releaseparty of their cd Renewal. Since metalcore a la Meshuggah and Living Sacrifice is not my thing I'm not the best to judge them, but I would say that they are good in what they are doing, but it's not my kind of music.
Saturday's concert kicked off with a surprise band called Jam Boo Garden. They have a bit Dream Theater influence and they weren't too impressive. An ok opening band though. When their set was over the finnish melodic deathers in Immortal Souls entered the stage. And Wow, now things got way better! Plenty of speed, crunch, melodic harmonies and Aki's brutal voice made their gig to a real metalfeast! Great to finally hear them live. Next band was Sanctifica and their releaseparty of their brand new cd Negative B. Sanctifica put out a great show with plenty of headbanging. They are an excellent liveband! There were also plenty of headbanging in the audience, especially during their old tunes from In The Bleak Midwinter and Spirit of Purity. Their new songs were very different and much more experimental. I definately prefer their old style. But overall a great gig and a fantastic stagepresence!
But the concert had just begun, cause next band out was the melodic power metal band Seventh Avenue from Germany! They did a great show with plenty of speed, guitarsolos and highpitched vocals, which made their gig to a classic metal feast! Yeah! Very tight and good gig overall. Herbie, the singer, also talked about the importance of getting it right with God so you will be ready to meet the afterlife when you die. Then they played the tune Rest In Peace. Overall they managed to play many of the best tunes from all their albums which made their gig very enjoyable and definately the highlight to me. We also got the pleasure to hear two new tunes that will be on their upcoming album. Well, what can I say, classic metal will always rule and Seventh Avenue did it very well. Truly an awesome gig!! But the show was not over yet…
Extol was next to enter the stage! As always they did a good show with plenty of headbanging. The highlight was definately their cool cover of Vengeance Rising's tune Warfare! They did it very well. What can I say, a great band, definately one the best live bands out there. The evening ended with Selfmindead. Since hardcore is definately not my thing, I can not judge their music, but their sound was definately a lot heavier than I expected, so that was a good thing anyway.
Exhausted and very much delighted after these wonderful concerts I went to sleep with a big smile on my face. :-)
Bobfest is truly God's festival, we would never had made it without Him! We had never had any churches backing us up with money, we are just 9 students with very low income that arrange this festival. But somehow God blesses it and makes it to work. The foundation for Bobfest is truly prayer and I really want to thank all that has prayed for the festival. Your prayers have meant more than words can say…
Bobfest 2002 was indeed, a wonderful festival in all ways! Definately the best year this far. I can highly recommend this festival, it's definately the highlight of the year, to me and many other metalheads. If you want to join us at Bobfest next year you can check out the website for more info and photos. http://www.bobfest.org
In His Service
Back To Top  or  Mainpage
***METAL  NEWS 020131***
We'll start with a bang... BLOODGOOD is back!!!
Yes, the classic metal band Bloodgood has now taken up the battleax again, ready to crush the darkness and lighten up a dark world. Michael Bloodgood, Les Carlsen
and Paul Jackson met with new drummer Jeffrey McCormack in January 2002 to discuss the future of the newly reunited BLOODGOOD! As of this moment..... there is no official word whether this means a new cd, touring or both....
A few weeks ago Michael, Paul and Jeff also had their first official Bloodgood rehearsal at a local church! (The event was captured on digital film and stills by local photographer, Cale Burr. Some of which you'll be able to see on their new website "bloodgood.org".)
In keeping with their hard rock tradition, the band cooked the p.a. system in the first 10 minutes. (Thankfully, it was only a blown fuse.) The guys had ear-to-ear grins as they covered tunes from Blacksnake to All Stand Together.
Les (who lives in California) will begin rehearsing with the band sometime next month.
BLOODGOOD also wants to have feedback from all fans to know what songs they would like to hear at coming gigs? Mail your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org Find out more info about this long awaited comeback at
- LIVING SACRIFICE fans rejoice! Recently a Living Sacrifice tribute CD was released. The content can be described as majestically brutal. The "interpretations" range from metalcore (Mindrage, Gnashing of Teeth) to
death metal (Soul Embraced, Crimson Thorn, Clemency) to black metal
- BOBFEST 2002 looks to be a fantastic festival! The lineup is EXTOL (technical death metal), VENI DOMINE (doom metal), SEVENTH AVENUE (power metal), IMMORTAL SOULS (melodic death/black metal), SANCTIFICA (brutal metal), OBLIVION (metalcore), SONIFEROUS (thrash), S ELFMINDEAD (hardcore) and UMBRELLA (punk). As always Metal Pastor Bob Beeman from Sanctuary http://www.gotosanctuary.com/ will talk and there will be seminars and other cool stuff.
The festival will take place in Linköping, Sweden 8-10th of March 2002. Last year people were coming all the way from the US (airtickets to Sweden are cheap during this time of the year), from many countries in Europe and some even from South Africa to be on Bobfest! Festival tickets cost $15 each if you live outside Scandinavia. To be sure you got a ticket you better preorder your copy now before they are all gone... You can preorder your ticket at the website http://www.bobfest.org
Sleepingplaces are available nearby. (Just bring your sleepingbags with you). If you are travelling from the US you can get cheap airtickets to Sweden at http://www.cheaptickets.com and
This is the biggest Christian Metal Festival in Europe and will now be held for the fourth time. If you haven't been on Bobfest yet I can highly recommend a visit. It's like Europe's Cornerstone but smaller and more Metaloriented. For more info check out the website http://www.bobfest.org
- Some new cool re-releases to check out:
HAVEN - Your Dying Day & Straight from the Cutting Room Floor (2 albums on 2 CD's)
SACRAMENT - Haunts of Violence ( reissue of their second
SAINT - Time's End (the whole album & as extra bonus plenty of Livecuts from their gig at Cornerstone 1986),
SOLDIER - Babylon & Hotter than Hell (The Definitive Collection 1985-1989, includes both their albums and 2 bonus
tracks from California Metal 2 )
All these are released at Millenium Eight Records and should be available at mailordercompanys like Blastbeats www.blastbeats.com, The Crossing www.crossingmusic.com etc.
- STRYPER petition! The cool folks at www.strypergallery.com, and fans from all over the world, are trying to get Stryper recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2002 Dove Awards. But we need YOUR help! We need you to sign the petition. Stryper pawed the way for all christian metal bands that have come after them and has been to an enormous blessing to the Kingdom of God. If there is any christian metal band that deserves this award it's definately them. So if Stryper means anything to you, then show them your support by clicking on this link and sign the petition
Stryperfans can also enjoy videoclips from C-stone at http://stryper.com/video/cstone.shtml The double video from Stryper Expo 2001 is now finally available! It's a two-video package including the whole Stryper-gig + more. It's available worldwide from www.stryperexpo.com
- Christian Metal Ministry surely bears good fruit. A prime example is the
the tour Goliath and Disciple had recently. During the tour they have seen 237 kids come to the Lord!! (WOW! Praise God!)
- BRIDE  NEWS
The members of Bride are now writing a book that tells the story about the band! You can read it online at http://www.bridepub.com/book.htm More chapters will be added every couple of weeks. Other great news is that Snakes in the Playground and Kinetic Faith CD's are now available for $10.00
each (limited time) at Bride's Home Page http://www.bridepub.comThere is also a Bride fan Page with lyrics at http://members.tripod.com/~BrideFan/
You asked for it now you've got it! We are now taking orders for the Brand
New Bride Video. This video includes all of the professionally shot videos
such as The Worm, Under the Blood, Everybody Knows my Name, Trouble Times,
Mamma, Tomorrow makes no sense, God gave Rock n' Roll to you, the
Psychedelic Super Jesus Remix Plus live footage from the Vintage Rock Stage
at Cornerstone. Other songs included are War, Beginning of the End, Too
Tired, and Soul Winner from Fist Full of Bees. In addition, there are some
surprises on the tape also. This is the entire Bride Video collection all on
one videocassette. This video is $16.00 (overseas orders add $3.00 per tape
for postage) When ordering request the Video "Welcome to the show."
Bride will spend the first part of 2002 writing and experimenting with new
songs. We would love your input on what you "the fans" would like to hear.
We have heard from many that old style metal is coming back and that we
should write in that direction. We have also heard that many like the
rapcore modern style. Drop us a note and tell us what you like and dislike
but do not write and criticize anyone or any band. We just want to know what
you would like to see Bride do in the future. Just email us
New tour pics from 2001 is available athttp://www.bridepub.com/bridepic.htm There are many of you who have been requesting info about touring. We hope
to provide this info very soon. There are a couple of folks who are
attempting to put together Bride tours for 2002. We would also love to hear
from any promoter who feels led to have us in your area. Just email us
Bride Live at Cornerstone 2001 CD. This is another limited edition CD,
recorded live at Cornerstone 2001. Bride only played songs from their first
3 records. The quality is great. The tracks include: Same Ol' Sinner, Fool
Me Once, Whiskey Seed, First Will Be Last, Thunder in the City, Until the
End We Rock, Hell, I Saw the Light, Under the Influence, Bonus tracks from
Bride Live Vol. I, Amazing Grace, Jesus on the Mainline, I Have Decided.
This CD is $15.00 each
- SEVENTH AVENUE, the melodic power metal band from Germany are recording a new album
titled "Between the worlds". Look for a release this Spring. http://www.seventh-avenue.de
- David and Micke from swedish death/black band Pergamon now have new sideproject called FOUNDATIONS FEAR. Musically their sound is heavy power metal reminding of Children of Bodom. Listen to Foundations Fear online at
- CHRISTIAN LILJEGREN (Narnia/ Wisdom Call) & FRANK BAKKEN (Heaven) sang on the new all star project
"United" along with artists like Mikkey Dee (Motorhead/Dokken), Yngwie Malmsteen, Europe, Tommy
Nilsson, Stefan Andersson, Kee Marcello, Jan Johansen,
Brian May (Queen), Hammerfall, Sha Boom, Backyard
Babies, Hardcore Superstar, Black Ingvars and more. The cd will be released in
March/April, along with a video. All income will go to the victims of the terrorattack in USA, through the Red Cross. The album will be released through the italian label Frontiers and the english label Now and Then.
- OBLIVION is a new interesting act in the hardmusic scene. They are playing very explosive music
with tons of energy. Stylewise they are influenced by bands like Living Sacrifice, Sepultura and
Meshuggah. It is a very strong debutalbum from these Swedes. Check out "Renewal" (CLCD006) by Oblivion
featuring a version of Living Sacrifice song "Reject". The album will be available late February,
so it willl definately be out in time for Bobfest, where a releaseparty also will be held.
For more info check out their label C.L Music & Publishing
- SANCTIFICA's recording sessions for the coming album - named NEGATIVE B (CLCD007) - is
now (finally) complete, and is currently being mixed. The cd is a concept album with big production and contains 9 songs and around 60 minutes
music produced by Carljohan Grimmark, Narnia also guitarist in Saviour Machine.
Stylewise it's a lot more progressive metal mixing hard and melodic vocals but still very heavy and
hard music. This album will satisfiy both old and new fans. If you love a band called Opeth you
will definitely love this album. This album is a masterpiece, maybe the album of the year, according to C.L Music & Publishing, their label.
The album will be mastered at Cutting Room by Peter In de Betou by same guy who master Meshuggah,
Narnia and John Norum etc. Official release set to April 2002. But it will also be available exclusively at Sanctificas
releasegig on Bobfest (8-10 March in Linkoping, Sweden)
Sanctifica will also open up for the swedish techno-metal band PAIN on February the 1st. The venue is Folkets Park in Huskvarna, Sweden. http://www.sanctifica.com
- Future releases this year on C.L Music & Publishing:
Sons of Thunder: Circus Of Power
Fantastic new symphonic rock in the vein of Kansas, Yes , Genesis with strong 70´s influences and
lot of harmony vocals. Release in August/September
For more info about C.L Music & Publishing visit
- SOLDIER a good melodic metal band from the 80s now have a new website at http://www.soldier777.com
BRAZILIAN  METAL  NEWS
Provided by Flávio at Metal Mission Mag
- SOUL FACTOR has just released its debut CD, called "Live". As the name says, it was recorded live in the end of the last year.It has a great production, sounding totally professional and had its first printing of 6.000 copies. There are 10 Thrash Metal tracks with much adrenaline. Fans of this genre should check it.
- Another great releasing from Brazil: TRINO. The CD "More than a new life" was released in the end of the last year it brings 13 tracks of Thrash Metal influenced by Sepultura. This is one of the most well produced Cds in the Brazilian Christian Metal scene, since the art cover until the songs production.
- And speaking of professional CDs STAUROS has just released its 4th CD : Adrift, with 9 songs in a Prog. Metal vein, with Metallica influences. This an indie CD and promises to get good sellings, like the previous album Seaquake, which has sold about 40.000 copies. In this first month since the releasing they have sold 2.000 copies!
- PROMESSA DIVINA has a new Demo CD out: Mercy welcome. 10 tracks of furious Black Metal with atmospheric keyboards. Althought its a Demo CD, it has very good level of quality.
- AMOS News: The Gothic Metal band has to ask for a new printing for the re-releasing of Gothic Soul album, because the first one is almos sold out. This CDhas been receiving very good reviews and the the band has appeared in Rock Brigade Mag, the biggest secular Rock/Heavy Metal magazine in Brazil in January/2002.
- BELICA (ex-Völlig Heilig) will probably come into studio until April to record a new CD. Some new songs are: "Little London" and "Fire".
- Another band which will come into studio in the next months is the brutal Death Grinders of CLEMENCY. They are working on new songs, like "The end in terror", "legions at war" and "Blasphemy in the altars of God".
- SPIRIT'S BREEZE is the new force of Brutal Death Grind in Brazil. The trio has just releaded the EP "Annuling dark forces" with 3 tracks; "Divine March" (04:19), "Celestial Carnage" (06:28) and "Holocaust of humanity" (06:11). It has a good production and the band established the line up with Firás (lead vocals and guitars), Daniel (bass) and Marquinhos (drums).
- SEVEN ANGELS has released the debut EP "To Know God and make Him known", with 3 songs in the Melodic Power Metal Style and with a female singer, Debora Serri (also on the keyboards) . The other good musicians are Eliezer Leite (drums), Ricardo Bagatelli (bass) and Karim Serri (guitars).
- The III METANOIA FESTIVAL will take plays on March 29/30, in Vitoria City. 16 bands are expected, among them STAUROS, TRINO, ANTIDEMON, SOUL FACTOR, SKYMETAL, THEMPLO, ATONEMENT and the american hardcore band NIV. They expected to have about 1.200/1.500 people in each day of the event.
All these brazilian cds mentioned above are available from Metal Misssion Distribution. For orderinfo mail
- The norwegian thrash band ARISE have changed name to Arise Eternal http://www.a-r-i-s-e.com
- The planned JERUSALEM tour with Dio and Motörhead was unfortunately cancelled due to the tragic terroristattack in New York. :( But hopefully Jerusalem will tour with some big secular bands this Spring instead. We'll see. I'll keep you updated.
- Some news from the MORTIFICATION camp... "It is Steve Rowe from Mortification here. Just letting you know what is
going on. Firstly Lincoln left the band after last years World Tour so Adam
(Drummer) & I got very discouraged. Plus my recording commitments with
Nuclear Blast & Diamante are finished. I was thinking about reforming a new
Lightforce or completely new band but have decided to stay with
Mortification. We have a new guitarist & will record a new album in April /
May this year. Rowe Productions is coming back to be based here in Australia
from the US. So please watch www.roweproductions.com in the coming months.
We have a DVD coming out in April on Nuclear Blast called "Mortification
Conquer The World"."
- METAL MESSIAH is a new american thrash band. They got a fulllength cd out. Check them out at http://www.metalmessiah.com/
- SWORD is another band hailing from the US. They play classic hardrock. Musically they are influenced by bands like Grand Funk Railroad, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, Journey and Van Halen.
Sword just released their debut cd titled "SWORD - MT.10:34" http://swordrocks.homestead.com/music.html
Back To Top  or  Archive Mainpage